Monday 22 September 2014

The power of WD40

So I am fixing the lock on the passenger side door to day. After going trough all the socket attachments in my tool kit and not finding the right size to get the bolts on the lock lose, I decided to turn to an old friend.
You would be surprised at what you can fix with just a can of WD40. From killing roaches to fixing jammed up locks, WD40 has solved many problems for me around the house and in the car.
But back to fixing the lock, all I did was remove the side panels covering the door. So that I could gain access to the lock. Then I sprayed the lock housing with WD40.  I then closed the door, and from the outside I pushed the straw attached on the can into the lock opening and sprayed a generous amount in their.
Let it sit for about a minute then inserted the key and wiggled it between the lock and unlocked position till it moved freely. And problem was fixed. Saved my self a trip to the locksmith or the mechanic,  who would have charged me $$$ to probably do the same.
See ya

3 comments:

  1. Besides my aching knees, Is there anything WD40 can't fix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sort of post I like to read, even if it's a little short.

    ReplyDelete