Saturday 4 October 2014

Suspension replacement

Hey guys, just posting some pics of some work I did earlier. One of the problems I noticed about the car earlier on, was that it made a funny banging sound when weight was added to the back of the car. Upon inspection I realized it was actually the muffler came lose and was in the way of the wheel. 
After fixing this I decide to check the suspension, which was my original goal. One way to test your suspension is to take it out and compress ir with your hand and see if it returns to its normal lenght if it does its fine, if it takes a while or doesn't at all its probably damaged.
Over its lifetime the oil seal in the suspension get worn out  or damaged and the suspension requires replacment. And at a cost of $600 each it was not cheap. But thats the price of a comfortable ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment